Original Sin and Y Chromosome
Note ; Below is a summary only. For a detailed more in depth discussion, please (click here)
- Human has 23 pairs (n=46) of chromosomes. Receiving one set (n=23) from each parent. The 23rd pair is either a pair of XX (female) or XY(male)
- Gametes of female contain only X chromosomes, and no Y. While male has both X and Y chromosomes.
Is it possible that God took out the Y chromosomes from pre-fall Adam and held it in abeyance until Jesus?
Transmission of original sin
- Adam was given the command before the appearance of Eve and became the guardian of the command. God had also put him in charge of everything. At the fall, Adam transgressed the law of God and abdicated his responsibility as the commander in chief. The consequences given to Adam were different from that of Eve although they both sinned alike. Following the concept of “Federal headship” , can we say that the transmission of sin is written in the Y chromosomes.
- In other words, Man becomes the transmitter of the original sin while women are recipient and not a transmitter of original sin/sin nature. Like men all women are also born depraved inheriting the corrupted “X” from Adam, but they do not transmit the original sin. This means when Jesus was born through a virgin birth- not known by man, he was born sinless.
- All human comes from a single fertilized cell. Therefore at the embryonic level, Y chromosomes becomes the transmitter of original sin while X chromosomes becomes the recipient/carrier and not a transmitter of original sin.When Mary conceived without the help of a man, the fertilized egg contain only X chromosomes and the offspring should have been a female. But …
Romans 5:12 Therefore, just as sin entered the world through one man, and death through sin, and in this way death came to all people, because all sinned— Note; (not Adam and Eve)
Luke 1:3 The angel answered, “The Holy Spirit will come on you, and the power of the Most High will overshadow you. So the holy one to be born will be called the Son of God
1 Corinthians 15:45 So it is written: “The first man Adam became a living being”; the last Adam, a life-giving spirit.
Conclusion Is it possible that God took the Y chromosomes from pre-fall Adam and held in abeyance and now put into the egg of Mary resulting in a XY / male offspring. Since the Y chromosomes was taken out of pre-fall Adam and that XX chromosomes of woman/female do not transmit original sin. therefore Jesus was born without sin. This also makes Jesus totally human having both X and Y chromosomes of a human being but free from original sin.